Frank and Tillie McCarron started the Blue Diamond area on Larrabee Lake near the Joe Coubal Farm. In the 1930ís there was an airplane pilot flying over the lakes in Northern Chippewa Country. He noticed all the lakes in the area had the shape of a diamond, and thatís how it got the ďBlue DiamondĒ title. The three most famous lakes in the Blue Diamond area are Round Lake, Long Lake, and Chain Lake. There were many resorts and housings on the lakes. Cambellís Resort, started by James Edward Cambell, was on Long Lake along with the Long Lake Park. Cambellís was started around 1874. Burkeís Resort/ Old Timers /Arrowhead Bible Camp is on Chain Lake. It was first owned by Phil and Lena Burke. Ferdaleís, which was actually a lumber camp in the 1880ís, was also on Chain Lake. The Round Lake Park was created around 1967, on Round Lake. (Early plat maps refer to Round Lake as Bass Lake.) It was created as a swimming area along with a fishing area. The resorts were a great way for people to vacation or to settle down. They camps were used to help house the travelers and the loggers. These resorts have been a big part of the people of New Auburnís lives.